Friday, December 23, 2011

FRIDAY FIRSTS with K.R. Bailey

First Five Sentences of...MURDER AND LIES
Vienna was dead.

Maggie’s hands shook as she reached for the door handle of the sheriff’s car.  Disbelief overcame her.

Sheriff Mike Anderson put his hand on her arm and asked, “Are you sure you’re all right?”

Maggie Benson shuddered at the absurdity of the question, but she forced herself to answer, “Yes,” her voice high and almost hysterical.


Genre: Contemporary Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Bookstrand


Murder and Lies will be available on Amazon and
Barnes & Noble after the first of the year. 
*  *  *  *  *
 

FUN FIRST FACTS ABOUT K.R.

1.Tell me about your very first kiss?

It was on my 16th birthday.  I went to the drive-in with a guy I was totally head over heels for.  We were in the backseat of the car.  His brother and girlfriend were in the front.  He teased me about being sweet sixteen and never been kissed.  When he kissed me, I was so nervous I started hiccupping and couldn’t stop.  I was so embarrassed and could have crawled in a hole if there had been one available.  Didn’t even get to enjoy the experience.

2. What was your first date with your significant other?

My good friend called and asked if I wanted to meet his uncle, and I agreed.  It was the first weekend in December, and we met at my friend’s house.  The first time I saw my husband,  I thought how good looking he was.  We went to see the Christmas Village at the Ogden Municipal Park.  That’s an amazing park full of twinkling lights, little Christmas houses all decorated with animated figures and even Santa Claus is there. Hand in hand we strolled through the Christmas Lights and even though he was pretty shy, we seemed to hit it right off.   It was a cold evening, but clear and crisp, and perfect for a stroll and of course some cuddling.  The lights were bright. We watched the little kids and their families go talk to Santa Claus. We talked and things just clicked. Afterwards we went to dinner at a little Mexican restaurant.  It was a great evening, and Mexican food is still our favorite.

3. If you had a free afternoon, what’s the first thing you’d do?

If I’m by myself, I love to curl up with a good book.  I can spend the entire day just reading, being lazy, letting myself be taken to a place I’ve never been.  When I was younger, I’d drive my mother crazy by reading all day.  I’d ignore the world and lose myself in a good book.  If I’m spending it with my husband, I love to take long drives up into the mountains looking at the wildlife.  That seems to be one of the really special times we spend together, laughing and talking and enjoying each other.  And for some reason, I always get new ideas for my stories.

More about K.R.--K. R. Bailey is a Utah girl who loves reading, romance and long drives in the mountains. She’s married to her best friend and together they enjoy a little cabin nestled high in the mountains where deer live under the deck and hummingbirds flit around all day.

Writing has become her passion since retiring from a full-time job, and she’s always got a new story full of interesting characters bouncing around in her head.

“Life is good,” she’s known to say with a big smile on her face and a pen in her hand.


You can find out more about K. R. Bailey at:
Herwebsite: http://KRBailey.com
Her blog: http://KRBailey.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment