Thursday, March 20, 2014

Soup's On!

Healthy Minestrone Soup
This is a great way to get your veggies.
 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees if warming up bread*

2 tsp olive oil
1/8 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 cups finely chopped vegetables of your choice (ie: zucchini, broccoli, carrots, green beans, cabbage, asparagus) Use at least 4 varieties.
4 cans beef or vegetable broth
1 can diced tomatoes, pureed (I like the Italian style tomatoes)
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 cup elbow macaroni noodles

2 tbsp. basil pesto
Wheat sourdough bread (*optional)

Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add chopped vegetables, broth, beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Add pasta. Cook until pasta is soft.  Put *bread in the oven to warm as pasta cooks.

Ladle into bowls and top with  1 tsp pesto. Use the *bread for dipping.

Enjoy!

If you want more healthy recipes and fitness tips, and to learn about my next book release, please sign up for my newsletter. Click HERE. To learn more about my books, check out my website.

Do you want to learn more about following a healthy diet? Then you might want to check out my new diet book (I'm a personal trainer of 10+ years as well as being a romance author).





No comments:

Post a Comment