Friday, February 24, 2012

FRIDAY FIRSTS with Sharon Hamilton

The first five sentences of...
HONEYMOON BITE

Anne looked down on the sleeping form of her new husband and, God help her, he looked like the first man she would murder. Nestled into his arms was the naked body of her maid of honor.

This made the second time today the bride had caught them together. First was at the reception. In the bathroom.

Available now!

*  *  *  *  *  *

FUN FIRST FACTS ABOUT SHARON

1. What’s the first thing you do when you start writing a new story?

Block out the chapters, the scenes that have to be written. Get a general path of the story first, so I can find the Turning Points, the Black Moments and make sure there is a strong character arc for both the hero and the heroine. Often one of the two of them will want dominance. Not always the same each both, either.

2. Tell me about your very first date (ever).

A bunch of Stanford guys wanted to date several of us in high school. They went through the yearbook, and each of them picked one. I got picked by a nerdy boy from Brooklyn. He probably became the head of some huge investment firm, but we were a bit mismatched...LOL. I was scared to death!

3. What was your first date with your significant other?

We went to a jazz concert at Sonoma State University. I had been the night before with another guy, but didn't tell my husband that. I was thrilled he'd asked me. I'd wanted him to ever since I met him at school.

MORE ABOUT SHARON: Sharon Hamilton lives on 60 acres in beautiful Sonoma County with her chickens and other assorted wild life, including her husband of 40 years. When not pouring over a laptop, or reading, she can be found in the garden, dead-heading flowers and planting vegetables. She works out many of her story lines while covered in dirt.

FIND SHARON ONLINE:
http://sharonhamiltonauthor.blogspot.com/
http://www.sharonhamiltonauthor.com/
http://www.sharonhamiltonauthor.com/books.html

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rebecca. And thank you for having me. Your questions and the way you host your blog are really creative and fun. No one has ever asked me to do it this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun interview and grabber of an opening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Judy. I loved writing this story, and giggled from the first lines I wrote...

    ReplyDelete