Friday, February 15, 2013

FRIDAY FIRSTS with... Vicki Batman


THE FIRST FEW SENTENCES OF... This is NOT Working

Why today--of all days?

Monday, and here I am in my brand new position, which took beaucoup de months to find in this wacky economy, only to feel like the ultimate failure.
          
Right after bouncing like a school kid in my ergonomically designed desk chair, I’d punched the computer's on button. Nothing happened.

Genre: Romantic comedy
Publisher: Indie published

Available now!

* * * * *


Fun First Facts About Vicki

What was the first romance you ever read?
 My first romance(s) were written by Emilie Loring. At age fourteen, I was in an in-between stage in my reading life and had complained to my mom. She handed one to me and I devoured it. Fortunately, Ms. Loring had written seventy-something. I had a fantastic summer.

What was your first date with your significant other?
 Our first date doesn't really count. I'd made plans with a guy who lived in my apartment complex to go see "For Your Eyes Only." Only my friend had had too much fun-in-the-sun. So when I was checking on him, his doorbell rang. On the other side stood Handsome, my friend's co-worker. He thought my friend and I were dating, but we weren't. Handsome made excuses to leave, but my friend dragged him inside and introduced us. Then he blurted out, "Why don't you take her to the movie?" I assured Handsome he didn't need to bother. Imagine my amazement when he said yes. We went and I did all the talking. Not a good sign in my book. And didn't hear back (not that I really thought I would) for six weeks until the night I was hostessing my girlfriend's birthday party. After blessings from my cousin, another girlfriend, and a college chum, I continued to go out with him.

What was the first meal your significant other ever made for you?
One time, he decided to host a dinner party with me and a co-worker as guests. Only he didn't have a full set of silverware. We passed around a Ginsu knife to cut our steaks.

* * * * *


More about Vicki: Like some of her characters, award-winning author, Vicki Batman has worked a wide variety of jobs including lifeguard, ride attendant at an amusement park; a hardware store, department store, book store, antique store clerk; administrative assistant in an international real estate firm; and a general “do anything gal” at a financial services firm. The list is…endless.

She has completed three manuscripts, written essays, and sold many short stories. She is a member of RWA and several writing groups and chapters. In 2004, she joined DARA and has served in several capacities, including 2009 President. DARA awarded her the Robin Teer Memorial Service Award in 2010.

Most days begin with her hands set to the keyboard and thinking "What if??"

You can learn even more about Vicki here:


8 comments:

  1. Hi, Rebecca! Thank you so much for having me today. I like the Friday Firsts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Marian! I'm so happy to see your success with your books.

      Delete
  3. Great post, Vicki! :) Wishing you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Rebecca, for having me today as a First!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming on (yesterday), Vicki. I wasn't near my computer all day, otherwise I would have checked in. Let me know when you have another release, and you can come back on.

    :)Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I just got through with the pages, I should say Pretty nice work done there.Thanks for sharing your ideas!!I really Keep sharing your views appreciate it!..
    Burun Estetiği
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete