Friday, February 8, 2013

FRIDAY FIRSTS with Brinda Berry

The first five sentences of... WHISPER OF MEMORY

The dead leaves formed an ocher carpet on the ground that spoke in crunchy whispers as I backed up two steps. Watching the leaves begin to whirl like a waterspout in the ocean, I waited. I identified the spot before I heard the buzzing or saw the air lifting the leaves. Even before I saw the sienna-orange veil drape over the ground, the tingly sensation moving through me from head to toe told me it was a portal.

I smiled in anticipation of seeing Regulus today.


Genre: YA Fantasy
Publisher: Etopia Press

Available now!

* * * * *

FUN FIRST FACTS ABOUT BRINDA

What was the first romance you ever read?
I loved reading Harlequin romances and belonged to the book club. I waited for the five new releases to hit my mailbox every month and I'd devour them. I also checked out all the old ones from the library. I don't remember any names or authors. Then I read Sweet, Savage Love by Rosemary Rogers. I'll never forget that one.

Tell me about your first kiss.
This may not be my first one, but it's certainly the one I remember the best. I went to one of my first parties where the kids were playing spin the bottle. I had a crush on the older brother of a friend. It was a birthday party and this guy was older and experienced. Actually, I'm wondering what the heck he was doing playing spin the bottle with us! Anyway, that was one of those kisses you never forget. You know...the kind that curls your toes, feeds your dreams, and ruins you for other jr. high school guys. 

If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you'd buy?
I'd buy a house on the beach. I think I could get a lot of writing done there. Seriously. 

More about Brinda: Brinda lives in the southern US with her family and two spunky cairn terriers. She’s terribly fond of chocolate, coffee, and books that take her away from reality.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being here today, Brinda. :)

    I'd buy a house on the beach, too. Imagine how productive we'd be...writing while listening to the waves crash on the shore... Guess I'd better buy a lottery ticket, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I'm in line for that lottery ticket as well. :) Thanks for having me here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent far too much time thinking about what I'd do if I won the lottery. Paying off my kids' mortgages, and my sister's as well, figure high on my list. I'd love to give someone the freedom to do what they wished without being tied to the need to spin the money bottle every day of their lives.
    My first kiss...back of a very old 1950's car, blond guy who smelled so masculine, eyes of the driver watching, struggling to fit into the sophisticated teen world I, at 16,imagined just over the page of my very own romance novel life.

    ReplyDelete