Thursday, April 9, 2015

H is for... HIKING

A to Z Blogging Challenge

H is for... HIKING!

I am a personal trainer in my day job and we just finished up
a seven-week Biggest Loser-type challenge at my gym. To celebrate the end of the challenge, my team and I climbed Wallace Falls in Washington state. Everyone who wanted to reach the top did (a couple of them turned back mid-way for physical reasons), so I was proud of all of them for stepping out of their comfort zone and tackling this challenge.


One of my team members expected not to be able to finish. She kept saying she was going to turn around, but she didn't. Finally, on the home stretch, she'd had enough. She told us to go on ahead and she'd wait for us to come back down. So we did, but I quickly hurried back to her. "If you can just climb this last set of steps, then you'll be able to see

 the top. You can't quit now. You're literally steps away from the end." So she took a deep breath, had a long drink of water, and she pounded the rest of the hike out. You should've seen the look on her face at the top. I was/am so proud of her! 


When the going gets tough, the tough get going, right?



At Lake Serene last summer with hubby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment